Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Recommended Reading/Listening

My husband always likes to listen to the "other side" just to try to figure out what's going on - me, I generally haven't the patience - and I usually wind up agitated and talking at the TV/radio.

Anyhow, on a recent road trip we were listening to the following:

Conservatives without Conscience by John Dean. As you may know, John Dean served in the Nixon White House - he's not a liberal going after the "other" guys. It's an interesting look at the conservative movement.

In knitting news, I'm happy that Project Spectrum is coming along tomorrow :) Hopefully it means I'll be making better progress on my Blue knits :D

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Kimmer said...

John Dean is not a neo-Con, which is why he is reasonable. He's a true Goldwater conservative who sees the neo-Cons as the problem they are for the Republican party.

Mr. Dean speaks sense in this book and _Worse Than Watergate_, which I recommend emphatically. He's one conservative I can read without yelling at the book or just throwing it across the room.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger lobstah said...

I recently read a review of that book and it did sound quite interesting. I'll have to check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home