Sunday, January 28, 2007

::Waves Hello::

Hi! My name is Life&Times (L&T) and I'm a democrat. I've been a D since before I could vote and have proudly cast my ballot for Ds in every election since I came of age!!!! A friend, who knows I knit and that I'm fiercly leftist, stumbled across this blog and sent the link my way; and I was thrilled! Since the last elections, I've been in a political funk, not really able to articulate my irritation and frustration and not really willing to openly engage in debate. But I've really loved the posts I've seen here since I found ya'll and so I signed up.


Oh, yeah, and I knit too! But I have two confessions on that front: I'm a slow knitter, so I don't keep a long list of projects or a lot of yarn in my stash; and I look TERRIBLE in blue, so I have very little blue yarn! But miracle of miracles, I have TWO projects in the works RIGHT NOW that have BLUE involved! So I'll flash!


I've recently become sock obsessed; this is a pair of French Socks in progress from Knitting Vintage Socks and if you look REALLY closely, you can see the variegation has a small amount of blue mixed in there.



And this project is for my husband; this is the back side of an illusion scarf.





I'm looking forward to knitting and blogging with you all!

6 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger Emma said...

Welcome! We're glad you joined us!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Bev said...

Welcome to our group! I'm looking forward to your posts. Fear not, I don't have a large stash of blue either.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger thenutfantastic said...

I like blue mainly because I have blue eyes but oddly I don't knit a lot of blues but greens, purples and browns instead. No worries about the slow knitter thing - you knit and that's what counts!

Welcome, welcome and welcome again!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger EnnaVic said...

It's a wonderful blog. I'd have joined as well, but being outside the US (in New Zealand) the view I get of US politics is filtered through the media and I can't comment on the realities of life within it.

Re: knitting. I do love blue, favourite colour in fact, but when I look at my UFO's and small stash, I don't have much blue in it either. I find as I am getting older (I'm in late 30's), that the colours I wear are changing - tend to still be bright but more autumnal. Or maybe I am just consciously trying to widen the colours that I have always worn and therefore am rejecting blue in favour of other colours. Maybe I need to re-adjust and bring back the blue :)

Enjoy the blog :)

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Kimmer said...

Welcome aboard! And don't worry about not having much blue stash. I'm currently using up most of mine, and my next few planned projects are in other than blue (and one even in a shade of red...I'll go sit in the corner later).

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Nancy G said...

That looks suspiciously like the back of the scarf I'm knitting for my DH! Would that by any chance be Tux, the Linux penguin?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home