Monday, January 29, 2007

Belatedness

Blogger finally let me switch over to the new version, which means that for the first time in a month or so, I'm able to post here again! Which is great, since - much to my surprise - I've been knitting a lot of blue things. Totally unconsciously - or maybe subconsciously? Anyway, I surprised myself. A parade of blue FOs is below, and details of each are (somewhere) on my blog.



These are felted moccasins from the Beverly Galeskas book, in Paton's Classic Wool ("navy," I believe)



Believe it or not, these are another pair in the same pattern, in the same yarn - just a bad picture. They've since been finished off with brown suede slipper bottoms, and look very nice.



Fetching! Had to join the bandwagon, after all. They were made from the leftovers of the same Paton's yarn I used for the slippers.



Melon stitch scarf from Victorian Lace Today, in a baby-blue/teal baby alpaca yarn.



These are I call "peacock socks", out of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn up until the toes, where I ran out of yarn because of the dense eye-of-partridge heel flaps and immense gussets for my husband's flat feet - so the toes were finished with Paton's Kroy in navy. They look very cute on him, actually.

Thanks, all, for this wonderful forum. I've noticed that my politics-induced stress level really has gone down (a bit) since I've had you all to turn to!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Ooh, lots of pretty blue FOs! I especially loved the scarf, and, of course, Cherry Tree Hill is always great! So sproingy.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger krisluvswool said...

I love Cherry Tree Hill. I knit my first pair of socks in CTH and it was heaven. I'm knitting with Lorna's Laces now, and I realize that I completely ruined sock knitting for myself because i have such high expectations now!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger EnnaVic said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger EnnaVic said...

I so love your peacock socks - we get lovely quality NZ wool, but mostly in single colours - I am envious of the mixes that seem to be so readily available elsewhere.

Re: Knitting and colours:
I was thinking about it today and realised that our colours are reversed. Our centre-right party (National) is blue and our centre-left party (Labour) is red.

I've just knitted a hat in reds but that wasn't for political reasons, my 7yo son chose the colours. And I am not so much of a Labour supporter these days either - with a proportional parliament we can vote for smaller parties and have it count, so while not belonging to any party I would say I am more of a green these days as they have the more equitable social policies as well as the conservation values.

I suppose I should find some green wool - don't think I have any of that in my stash either *grin*

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger EnnaVic said...

Oops - sorry about the deleted comment above - I left my laptop open on the page and the gorgeous 3yo touched the oh-so-sensitive-mouse several times! That'll teach me!!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger lobstah said...

Oh wow, your projects are all awesome! The slippers are really cool and I love the lace. I have to get that book.

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger thenutfantastic said...

I love the lace and the peacock socks have inspired me to knit more socks! I knit my first pair for a friend's birthday and my son has been bugging me for some ever since. Of course, it would be nice if I knit some for myself, lol.

I have finally started Lady Eleanor so I'll be working on that for a while.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger krisluvswool said...

Ooh, and congrats on your knitty article! Awesome stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home