Thursday, December 14, 2006

Finally! Blue Knits!

The only reason I haven't been posting is that I don't knit a lot of blues--although I recently acquired some new blue yarns that I'll be able to knit up and I've finished/started the objects below.

First up is a baby hat and socks from Knits from the Heart (a great book of patterns, by the way--I've used it more than any of my other books this year). These were for my mother's former babysitter (I have very little sisters, ages 7-11). She just had a little boy named Dylan (after being told throughout her pregnancy that she was having a girl for whom I knit a pink hat and socks, so these are actually replacements).

Baby Dylan goodies
Sugar and Cream, blue variegated. These are actually done and gifted now; I just forgot to take a picture after I finished.

Hat on size 6 needles; socks on size 5. The hat looks much bigger than the 6mos-1yr size it was intended to be. Hmmm.


And I've started Fetching from Knitty using this yarn, purchased at a 40% off sale. So. Soft.

Cashshoft_woo
That is Rowan Cashsoft DK, y'all. Woohoo! I'm knitting them doubled. Mmmm, so nice!


Last night at a yarn swap I got about 1300 yds of Reynold's Mandalay (SILK!) in a blue tweed. Man, do I love me some tweed! I'm thinking about this pattern.

So there are blue knits in my future. Yay! Blog fodder. :)

As far as the political blues, boy do I have them! I'm really, really concerned about the chimp-in-chief rejecting all the rational recommendations from the ISG and commissioning his own from those who are likely to give him the answers he wants. And when Saudi Arabia says jump, how high can Dick Cheney jump? These are dangerous times and we need smart people to balance the power away from the nuts in the white house!

4 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Emma said...

I agree we live in scary times. Even the coming shift from a one-party system is not enough to be of any comfort. There are so many problems that have been created that's it's going to take a lot of diplomatic finesse and flexibility to fix, which our President obviously does not have.

Pretty blues!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

I'm with ya'll on the scary times, sadly scary times have been with us for quite some time, unfortunately I'm afraid it will continue but hopefully slow down...that said...
I love the hat and socks...that hat is really nice, I'm liking that pattern!
You'll have fun with the Fetching!
That's a nice project for the Mandalay, looking forward to seeing that.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

ahem, what's that yarn in the photo of the hat and socks...right upper corner? looks pretty.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

In the upper right corner is some Plymouth Encore Colorspun Worsted in a heathered pink and grey combo colorway (7990, I think). It's VERY pretty. I'm using it to knit squares for Comforting Jenn (see Cathy's blog, Tightly Wound, Loosely Knit). I've finished one, but I think I'll do another this weekend since there is so much of that yarn left.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home