Thursday, December 07, 2006

As promised...


Here's a photo of my scarf as it now stands. So far the soysilk is working beautifully for the cables. It really POPS and has a texture very similar to real silk. It's also very easy to work with and not too splitty at all if you work it on bamboo needles. :) I've included a scan of the label for any who might want to try out this marvellous yarn. I got it from Yarnivore in San Antonio, but I'm sure you could find it elsewhere online. I highly highly reccomend this stuff... it is AWESOME (and the price is pretty reasonable too!)


So far it's almost 2 feet long. It was originally intended for my grandma for christmas but my mom is probably going to get it since she's been drooling over it and my grandma said she didn't want another scarf. LOL So much for my carefully laid christmas knitting plans.

5 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

That is *SO* pretty! So, that's the Irish Hiking Scarf, is it not? and how many skeins are you going to be using? and how much did it take to get 2 feet of the scarf? I know, me and the questions...but it's more than for curiosity's sake, I have a 200yd DK cashmere that I've been tempted to knit into this...was just wondering how far it went...your skein, which is...over 200yd but under 250yd, I'll look again at that.....
Beautiful scarf!

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger lobstah said...

That looks gorgeous! I've been wanting to try some soysilk forever but still haven't had a chance.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Kate A. said...

It's beautiful! You're right about those cables really popping...they look great.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Krista said...

What a great blue color! Really beautiful scarf.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

oh so pretty!
I think I'm starting to feel the need for cables :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home