Friday, December 01, 2006

blue hourglass progress

First, this picture is sideways and I have no idea why. I didn't take it that way. Something's up with Blogger I suppose. Anyway...
Hourglass Sweater now has sleeve one! This is an amazing sweater. I Love the way it's constructed. I think you graft under the sleeves Zimmerman-style. Now I'm on sleeve two. I measured and the sleeves are shorter than they should be, but it's cotton and will stretch (please?) But other than that, the measurements are coming out perfectly! I don't think there is any way to try it on just get though. The underside of the sleeves are still on stitch holders. It looks small but I'm planning on the stretch factor coming into play. I just love this blue color!

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Kate A. said...

Looks great! My experience is that cotton stretches like a madman, so I wouldn't worry. Can't you put the underarms on waste yarn instead of holders, though, to try it on? You could also put the live sts on waste yarn, but I usually take the lazier route and just slip half the sts onto another, smaller circ. Easier to get back to knitting again that way.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Krista said...

Kate, good idea about putting the stitches on some waste yarn. I think I'll try that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home