Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Knitting and Voting Blue in Alexandria, VA

I'm finally knitting something blue! It's the Swallowtail Shawl from IK Fall 2006. I wasn't supposed to cast on anything not a Xmas project until they are all finished, but I was weak (and bored with knitting scarves--everyone is getting a scarf this year), so here it is as it looked earlier this week.



It looks black in the photo, but it's really navy blue fingering weight wool. I think the shawl is a bit small, so I'm increasing the repeats of the budding lace chart 2 from 14 to 24.

I moved to Maryland in 2000--the first time ever I voted in a blue state, and apparently I couldn't stand it, so I had to move to yet another red state. But things are a-changing in Virginia, I think, thanks to the concentrated populations (read overpopulated areas) in Northern VA and a few other educated spots in the state, such as Charlottesville and Richmond (we wouldn't leave without you, Nut). The last election was really exciting (so happy to see Santorum and Harris getting their butts kicked). I love Obama, but I think he needs to govern his state for a while first; even so, I would vote for him tomorrow if I could. Did anyone hear about Senator-Elect Webb mouthing of to the POTUS today? :o)

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

wow, that's a lot of increases in the repeats.

I just completed one in fingering weight yarn (without adding extra repeats) and it's plenty large -
68 inches across and 30 inches down to the point....

I'll have the "completed" post done up on Friday I think

 

Post a Comment

<< Home