Monday, November 20, 2006

Free at Last!

I've finally been freed to cast on a Blue project! Well...I take that back, I have been knitting plenty of blue for craft fair preparations, but those projects don't count as I was knitting under duress. My husband has reminded me to not persue such foolishness again in the future. Let me just put it this way - when forced to knit (granted, I forced myself into doing it) nothing but novelty drop stitch scarves for enticing customers into my booth at a local craft fair, I get bored and a bit cranky at my knitting. I declared this weekend the last weekend for crafting for the craft fair, and as soon as I bound off the last craft fair piece, I gleefully scampered off and cast on for this:


It's the Swallowtail Shawl :) and I'm knitting it in a variegated blue yarn :) I'm in knitting bliss. LOL (course, the next shawl is set to be knit in red....but as Kate mentioned, Red in other parts of the world is for Liberals....)

In politics, I'm hoping the Dems pull things together and that they manage to set a good agenda and make some semblance of progress in the next two years....otherwise I fear for the White House position.

4 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

Is this your first for the Swallowtail? I so love that shawl and it is on my list...such a long list, I'm looking forward to hearing from you all about this knitting project. The yarn is beautiful.
I'm with you on the political point also.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Kate A. said...

I want a swallowtail too! But oh, my list is getting so long! Still, at least swallowtail is fairly small, for a lace project. It's got as good of a chance of being knitted by me as the Dems have not got of making some real changes, I think!

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

Oh, what's the yarn flavour? I realize it's gotta be one of yours.....

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

this is my first Swallowtail :)

And perhaps a bit shamefully, the yarn is not one of mine! LOL - I wanted to cast on so badly, but I just didn't have the time to fire up the dye pots to get the colorway I wanted, so uh...I went shopping. But it fit right in with the rest of my stash ;) and it didn't stay in the stash for long....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home