Sunday, November 19, 2006

Blue Wave

Loved this inspiring Nation cover when it showed up in my mailbox!
And, I also found out my friend is expecting a baby boy! A perfect excuse to "Knit Blue", huh? I bought this Dale Baby Ull, with the plan of making a baby cardigan and perhaps a hat. It's a rich blue with just a hint of purple.Now the only question is what design to make. I was orginally thinking of this cardi and hat from Dalegarn #152 (left), but I also thought the Diamond-Seed Baby Jacket (right) from IK Winter '04 or even a self-designed mini-cable pattern might be cute.

Opinions or suggestions for other patterns are welcome!

5 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

They're both beautiful patterns...go with the one that feels right.
Granted we don't have that many lys but not one of them carries Dale of Norway yarn, not one. Go figure.
Beautiful blue.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger creativeneurosis said...

Knitty's Trellis has been a pretty popular baby sweater knit. I also really like the peapod baby set in a recent issue of Interweave Knits and I'm dying to see someone do it in a color other than green (because of course, what I want is PARAMOUNT in your decision:)

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Kate A. said...

I love that cover art on the Nation! I hadn't seen it; thanks for sharing!

Both those baby sweaters are adorable. I made the chunky baby cardie from Erika Knight's baby book, which is also similar, and I really liked it, too. Of course, babies look good in everything...

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Kimmer said...

I think the Diamond-Seed Baby Jacket would be wonderful in that beautiful blue.

I got that issue in the mail and was inspired to buy enough Baghdad Blue yarn from Peace Fleece to make myself a nice cardigan :)

Go Blue!!

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

mmm - that is a nice yarn to work with - I second Trellis, it looks adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home