Monday, December 04, 2006

Catching up!


I am so behind on blogging and have been meaning to get over here with some pics of my blue yarn and projects. Finally! I'm here! And with pics, even!

First, my blue stash...

The laceweight Merino that looks black is actually a dark navy blue. Others have lots of blue in them but some are not all blue.




And second, my blue roving... Okay, so it's got a lot of pink in it. If you unroll the pink bats though, there's a lot of blue inside.


So I spun it...


And here's what I got...


It's honestly about half pink and half blue. I'm thinking about making a scarf out of it because I got about 170 yds total.

And last but not least, the project I'm currently working on...


This is the Victorian Lace Shawl from the Elann website. I'm making it out of JaggerSpun laceweight yarn in Sapphire, and am knitting 4 strands together. It's a dream to knit with! This shawl will be a gift for my grandmother, who did not teach me to knit but has spent years knitting slippers for the entire family. It's now my turn to give something to her.

By the way, everyone's projects look fantastic! It's such a pleasure to hop onto this website after being absent for several weeks and to see what all has been going on. It's wonderful inspiration!

4 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Blogger Emma said...

The handspun is gorgeous! Glad you came back and got some inspiration.

 
At 5:26 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

I am so loving the handspun! yowza!
Glad you're back.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Kate A. said...

I'm jumpin' on the handspun bandwaggon - lovely stuff. I love the idea of knitting for one's grandma, too. What a wonderful way to turn things around and keep them going at the same time, you know? My grandma's a crocheter who never quite got the hang of knitting, while I'm the opposite, so in our case it's fun to exchange skills....

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger lobstah said...

The handspun yarn is very pretty, I love the unusual pink/blue combo which I haven't really seen much of. The victorian shawl looks great too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home