Friday, October 12, 2007

Gore's Reward



I woke this morning hearing the news announce that Al Gore had been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Awesome.

The book is absolutely amazing, the message is something we should all be trying to do something about.

But consider this -- its the PEACE prize.

How much more peace would there be if he had not had the presidency stolen from him? How much better might all our lives be?

Of course we can not really know the answer to that, but I believe he would have had better sense than to take us into Iraq.

just sayin'......

5 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Bridget said...

I was really excited to hear this, too.

Made me think of the expression, "I'd rather be right than be President."

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Thanks for posting about this. Is is something to think about...especially now with Bush's Iran comments. The end of his term can't come quick enough.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger lobstah said...

Yes, I was so happy to hear this! Good for him!

I too have pondered how different things would've been had he assumed the presidency (and I have not a doubt that things would've been seriously different). Seriously sad to think about.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Lick My Sticks said...

I am SO happy for Al. It kills me that he won't run again, it really does. He is a genuinely good person, and we're long overdue for someone like him in the white house.

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Mari said...

Wonderful. I was hoping he would be selected.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home