Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I actually finished a knitting project!

And it's blue (ok, there's also some green)! I am a slow knitter, so I'm quite pleased with myself ...

Anyhow, without further ado, I give you - just in time for the end of summer - the Fishnet Beach Bag:

This pattern was simple, addictive, and fun to knit. Here are the specifics:

Pattern: Fishnet Beach Bag, a house pattern from my LYS, Rosie's Yarn Cellar
Yarn: Adrienne Vittadini Nicole (65% acrylic, 35% nylon); 3 balls
Needles: Size US8 24-inch circular
Crochet Hook: Size H
Beads: 2 glass beads, 3/4 inch size (the size is the only thing you need to duplicate - I just liked these beads an decided to use them).

This had very cool construction (at least I thought so). You knit the bottom with two strands, using seed stitch, just as straight knitting for 8 inches. Then you pick up stitches all around the square you've knit, using a single strand, and suddenly you are knitting circular! You then knit the pattern until you have 12 inches from the bottom. The cords are made by crocheting a chain using two strands, then woven through the lace, and secured by beads at the ends.

And, unlike Alberto Gonzales' testimony, this was supposed to have holes in it!

1 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Emma said...

I love that! It's great for the beach, or for quick--and environmentally responsible-- trips to the grocery store.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home