Friday, September 21, 2007

More Blue!


I'm trying to finish up a lot of projects before taking off for dissertation research next week. I'll be gone all semester, so I had to rush through my husband's project so that he could stay warm while I'm gone in the fall and early winter.

His favorite color is blue, so this is an appropriate place to post. The scarf is a 3x3 rib in Cascade 220 with randomly-placed stripes but symmetrical (i.e., the stripes weren't so random for the second half of the scarf). I knit up the hat this afternoon with what was left of the blue and yellow yarn. The hat pattern is from Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I LOVE that book.

My next blue projects will be a pair of blue socks and a sweater for my husband in Rowan's denim yarn. (I'm thinking the EZ seamless hybrid).

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:51 AM, Blogger Bridget said...

Love the picture!

Cascade 220 is one of my very favorite yarns, ever. It always makes whatever you are knitting look good (as much of my knitting does not look that good ...)

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger krisluvswool said...

Amen to that. This is my second non-felted cascade 220 project and I noticed how well it blocked out all my irregularities. LOVE it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home