Friday, December 29, 2006

Progress...

So despite my best intentions, my blue sweater's not done. In my defense, I neglected it to do another form of "blue" knitting. About 2 years ago I started a knitting group in Philly called "Knitters for Choice". We had a knitting circle and sold stuff at local craft fairs. I don't live in Philly any more but the group's still alive and well and I promised to knit a bunch of mittens and armwarmers for sale at an event. Of course, I totally forgot to take pictures of what I knit, and they all sold at the event. Oh well.

Since then, I've made pretty good progress on the sweater. Body's done, now the sleeves.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The picture on the right is of my closure experiments so far. I was all excited about using leather anchors as part of the toggle closure but I think it's not quite right, so I think I should maybe just go with the button and a yarn loop. Opinions welcome.

5 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger lobstah said...

That sweater is a beauty! It kind of reminds me of Twist but a bit different. I agree with you that the plain closure looks better somehow.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger creativeneurosis said...

Thanks.

What's twist? All I can think of is the Twist T-shirt from Knitty and I assume you didn't mean that:)

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Emma said...

Wow, the sweater is so pretty. I need to knit a sweater sometime in the new year. I just need to find the right pattern. And I'll be looking to you guys for support!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

Looking beautiful!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Kucki68 said...

I think the leather is too stark here, lovely on a darker shade or on brown. Keep it simple jus tuse the toggle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home