Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Article the other side will deny for years

Fascist America, in 10 easy steps

From Hitler to Pinochet and beyond, history shows there are certain steps that any would-be dictator must take to destroy constitutional freedoms. And, argues Naomi Wolf, George Bush and his administration seem to be taking them all

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2064157,00.html

By Naomi Wolf.

Scary stuff. Sinclair Lewis once said that when fascism came to America it would be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. Well, guess what?

And elsewhere I've got some rabid right-wingers telling me that "terrorists" don't have rights, to which I respond that if they don't neither do we. Unfortunately, these people just don't get it. I'd post this article at these places, but...see how I titled this.

3 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger Krista said...

They'll never admit it will they? Since when is America always right and everyone else is wrong? It drives me crazy!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

2009 just can't come fast enough.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Kate A. said...

The terrible, secret truth is that a lot of people like fascism. They admire it so long as they get to be one of the street thugs who keep it going - fascism is the ideology of the weak and ignorant - people who can't have any power any other way. I know - I went to high school with nothing but people like that. The thought that those people are voting has kept me awake nights since W. first tossed his cowboy hat into the ring....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home