Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Made it back

Whew! I finally made it back. I got dropped from the list when Blogger switched, and I just now got everything set up to get back and post.

So far this year I've made 3 blue items; a sweater for my daughter, a jacket for me, and a pair of socks for me (I've also done the Hourglass sweater in - gasp!! - a nice shade of red, but I need colors in my wardrobe other than black and blue; I look like a walking bruise most days :) ). Alas, I'm still woefully inept with the digital camera and don't have pics to share with everyone yet. I'll figure this out eventually.

I just started a summery top using Nashua's Natural Focus Ecologie Cotton, and that yarn is a dream! I had been drooling over it for a couple months, since my favorite not-so-local yarn shop got it in, and I broke down and bought the yarn on Monday and started the top the same day. I normally don't like working with cotton, but the colors were so neat I made an exception. I also plan to finish the lacy cardigan I was making last summer when I was in the hospital for a week; amazing just how much knitting one can get done when one can't go out and do anything else. I just need to do the sleeves...oh, and decide whether it's worth ripping out half of one of the fronts 'cause I didn't do the decreases properly, and the shoulder patterns on front and back don't line up properly. Oh heck, who am I trying to kid? I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to knitting that of course I'll rip it out. I may rip that entire front piece and do it over to make sure I do it right.

I'll likely be making a political post in the near future, too. Got a lot of righteous indignation built up here, but I want to make sure I can handle being put on a terrorist watch list for merely expressing my opinion first (and with that I'd like to extend a hearty "heya!" to any NSA, CIA, FBI, etc., people who may be reading this right now) Ah, it's good to be back :)

2 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Kate A. said...

Heya Kimmer! Good to have you back! Sounds like some good knitting...

...and I love picturing the mystified looks on the faces of security agents as they attempt to grok the fiber references...(Note to whomever's watching: you should have spent more time with your grandmothers, sonny boy!)

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Krista said...

When the "war" first started I sent an email to the "president" and called HIM the terrorist...ooops. Probably should not have done that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home