Thursday, April 05, 2007

Something Borrowed, Something BLUE!

Yes people, I finally finished something blue, yay!

All but one arm was knit in a week. I had to wait for my income tax money to be deposited so I could order a 4th ball to finish the 2nd sleeve and that came last week. This is going to the daughter of my downstairs neighbor since she, my neighbor, has watched Peanut on a few hours notice when he was suspended and such. I hope to take a picture of her in it soon, but the jacket will be big on her considering she is going on 10months of age and this was sized for a 1-2 year old. (I knew I wouldn't finish it until now when the weather has gotten warmer so I sized it to last through next winter at least; kids grow like weeds you know.)

So thus, my first finished blue project of the year!

Specifics
Brand: Sirdar
Type: "Snuggly Bubbly" Yarn
Color: Bluebell
Yardage: 4 balls = 140yards each
Needles: 5 for body, 3 for edging

Also posted on my blog.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger lobstah said...

I LOVE that sweater! It's adorable. I especially love that snuggly looking yarn, I think I'll have to check it out.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger thenutfantastic said...

The snuffly looking yarn is mostly acrylic (which is why its washable) and stretchy and the damned puffy things made the stitches uneven, thus throwing me off gauge ever so slightly (this is why I typically stay away from this type of yarn). At least you can't see my mistakes, :).

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger thenutfantastic said...

damn, the snuggly stuff, not snuffly. lol.

At least I love the results as did my neighbor. Thursday night I sewed on some wooden buttons she had in her stash of crafty items then she and the baby flew to Seattle the next day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home