Thursday, March 22, 2007

They're rubber, we're glue?

Am I the only one that's completely flabbergasted by how little heat the administration has been getting for... well, everything? I guess I'm currently most ticked off about the whole situation with the attorney general's office, but Dick Cheney not having to answer on the Libby issue? And Walter Reed? Like they didn't know it was like that? And then there's that pesky little Iraq war situation. And I know there have been protests and my beloved John Stewart takes them to task every night but shouldn't there be more? Shouldn't we have reached breaking point by now? Shouldn't someone (or everyone) be saying we won't stand for this any more (and mean it)? They just offer excuse after excuse and take responsibility for... well, nothing.

Well, now that I've gotten myself good and depressed, I'll go back to finishing my sweater (I'm down to the final pattern repeat on the second sleeve) to cheer myself up.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger jenfromRI said...

I was so about to post a comment like this! The warrantless wiretapping scandal, the Jack Abramoff scandal, the handling of Katrina, the Valerie Plame scandal . . . exactly how much is it going to take? Of course, its not like anybody's done nasty things with an intern. That would be unforgivable.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger lobstah said...

I've pretty much given up waiting for the media and the public to react to all these horrible stories...Yes, there are some pockets of pissed-off people (like on this blog ;) but for the most part people are SO indifferent! The sad part is that if any ONE of these scandals had happened to a Dem president, the Repugs and the media would be making a huge deal!

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Kate A. said...

I know...I think it's the Democrat machine that's the problem. Having worked in local dem organizations, somehow I'm not surprised - so many genuinely good people who couldn't organize their way out of a paper bag.

I want JAIL SENTENCES goddammit! It makes me insane listening to Dem candidates (whom I otherwise respect) moaning about how difficult it will be to regain our international standing. It's easy. Two steps: 1. An international tribunal for George W, Dick, Rumsfeld. 2. Stop playing global cop. Okay, three steps: make the big switch to alternative energy sources.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home