Monday, February 19, 2007

New to Blue

Hello all,

I just signed up today so I wanted to say "hi" and show you my blue stash and my recent blue project. I'm a big time - Atheist-Democrat-Knitter and I like this twist of knitting blue for democrats pride. I'm
happy to knitta's for a cause out on the web. Well here is my blue stash.

Blue Stash
I know that it is on the whimpy side, but in my defense I just got finished knitting an Irish Hiking Scarf, Hat, and Fingerless Gloves combo over the holidays. I even designed my own pattern (using two circs) for the gloves. But I plan on making something nice and democratic for this KAL. Here a picture of part of the set. Unfortunately, right in the middle of me grabbing the code for the picture of the hat & scarf Flickr.com decided to go down for maintenance so I'll have to post that later.

Irish Hiking Combo
Fingerless Gloves, Basic Cable
(I have this original pattern on my blog)

Thanks for adding me and I'll be posted some more blue thangs soon. Keep up the go democratic work knitters.

6 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Blogger renee said...

Very cute set!

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Sharmane said...

Thanks, if only I didn't live in hot ass Texas, I could wear it more often. =)

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Bev said...

welcome to the group!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Kate A. said...

I always comfort myself, when it's freezing-ass cold like it is in NYC right now, that at least I have a use for my handknits. Sometimes wearing my handknits is about the only good thing about February. Brrr!

But I love those fingerless mitts...so long! Perfect for me, since my shirt/sweater sleeves (if it's not a sweater I knit myself) are always too short, and my lower arms freeze as much as my hands. But making them will SO tempt me into making the whole set, and I already have so many WIPs! Argh. Anyway, welcome to the KAL!

Must be hard to be a dem in the home state of George W.! I'll quote my favorite campaign button: "Help stop mad cowboy disease." :-)

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger EnnaVic said...

Gorgeous set - especially like the hat and as I go tramping (hiking) I
would use it lots, with the scarf to match. Thanks for the links - I'm
looking out for some wool for it :)

EnnaVic (in NZ)

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger lobstah said...

Your blue stash may be small but it is very vibrant! Gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home