Wednesday, January 03, 2007

'tis the season . . .

. . . for wristwarmers, apparently! I am making a pair of Fetching wristwarmers, as is every other knitter on the planet, it seems. It's just such a pretty pattern. Anyway, mine are a hand-dyed merino from eBay, and it has greens and yellows, and, of course, blues in it, and I just love it. This was my first time trying magic loop, so the first couple of rows are a little messy, but overall, I'm happy with the way they are turning out.





On the current-events end of things, am I the only one feeling a bit conflicted about the execution of Saddam? Of course, he did terrible things, and should certainly be punished, but the stories I hear about people jeering as the rope was around his neck, and the images making the internet rounds . . . it all just doesn't sit right.

7 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, Blogger mollieknits said...

I just made fetchings too, but mine are in teal.


Wait... is teal blue?? I didn't even consider it, somehow...

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

Jen, is something like that 'ever' right? I think not.
I'm actually pretty hard line about 'taking someone out back and putting a bullet in their head' I know, not very civilized of me, but then I also think there are souls in pure misery and just no hope for change.....yeah, I know, you can hate me for that.
But I agree, what happened, the way it all played out...pretty disgusting, and pathetic.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger creativeneurosis said...

The death penalty never sits right with me. Besides saving taxpayers money on prisons (which could be achieved by more rational drug laws), I can't think of any good that comes from it - even if the person executed was evil incarnate - like Rick Santorum or something.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger renee said...

I'm in the same boat. I am really opposed to the death penalty, even for someone who is as deserving of it as Saddam Hussein. I also worry that we're just making a martyr of him and encouraging his supporters to hate the U.S.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger mollieknits said...

Yup, I agree with farrah entirely.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

Renee, I agree...his death will not change anything for the better, it will just get worse.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Bev said...

and in his execution, all that hate and how does that ever make anything better?

its so sad that we are slowly becoming the Roman Empire in its decline

 

Post a Comment

<< Home