Monday, November 13, 2006

Pool


Sorry about the 'flash', the photo without the flash just made this yarn look a dark and stormy gray. It's really very pretty. Rowan Calmer, the colour is Pool, the pattern is Shedir by Jenna Wilson, you can find this pattern on Knitty. It's a Chemo cap.
I'm making this for a woman I don't even know, she's a friend of a friend.....and Emma, from what I gather she lives on your street...I don't know your address or her's but I've been told that she lives on 'that' street. She just found out recently that she has cancer, I don't know the particulars, but she has started treatment and has informed friends, who have asked her....is she going to wear a wig?, no she is not.
I'm knitting this cap for her.
Outside of voting.....this is another way of 'Being the Change', and really, there was just no hesitation.

4 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Aww, that's nice. I'm on 49th Place. I wonder which house she lives in? None of the neighbors over here are very friendly, so I really have no idea who it could be.

I've never made a hat before, but maybe I should start one for her too.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

It's a beautiful pattern, did you check it out at Knitty? I'll bring it tomorrow...knitnight, are you going to be there?

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger lobstah said...

That's going to be beautiful. I LOVE the color (turquoise-y blues are my favorite!)

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Kate A. said...

Gee, Shedir seems to be everywhere these days. I'm starting to feel like fate is calling me or something. Oy, what a to-do list I have!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home